Feed the Hungry
• SHARE and Food Pantry: provide families food packages to help supplement their monthly groceries.
• Montgomery County Emergency Men’s Shelter: provide hot dinners first Saturday of the month.
• Montgomery Avenue Women’s Center: provide hot lunch to 30 women.
• Thanksgiving (February and November): provide families with about a week’s worth of groceries.
• Prepare lunches for Habitat for Humanity volunteers.
Clothe the Naked
• Provide outer wear to those experiencing homelessness.
• Provide clothing for neighborhood children
Administer to the Needs of Our Fellowman
• Through the Adopt-a-Family program, assist with prescription copay, medical appointment transportation, clothing, food, meals, utilities, listening ears, helping hands, and love.
• Through Souper Bowl of Caring provide funds to a local food bank to help purchase groceries and provide prescriptions to members of the Gaithersburg community.
Cheer those who are “down”
• Fellowship with Arcola Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center residents each third Sunday (along with Society members, the Sons of Allen and Men’s Ensemble, Senior Usher Board, Sunbeam Choir, and Special Guest Artists)—sing hymns and songs, read Scripture and poems, pray
• Send notes/cards of birthday and birth celebrations, encouragement, and bereavement to First AME family and friends
• Visit with our long-term sick and shut-in members
• Provide financial support to purchase medication for HIV-infected individuals in other countries
• Provide pens, pencils, and monetary donations for paper to a local organization that delivers the goods to African countries.
• Collect books for small villages.
• Christian Fun and Fellowship
• Holy Ghost fun night – an alternative to Halloween: providing Christian fellowship
• Senior Society with YPD enjoy annual “love” fellowship
• Provide care packages to First AME college students
• Knit baby caps to support the Save-a-Baby campaign
• Participate in the Montgomery County Volunteer Day
• Provide Christmas gifts to several families within the neighborhood
• Provide baby blankets to First A.M.E. families with newborns
• Assist families with back-to-school preparations
• Donate school supplies, monies, diapers, and love gifts to the National Center for Children and Families
• Send Treats for the Troops
• Provide Christmas cheer centers and shelters
Participate and Learn
• Maryland Emancipation Day
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Service Day
• African Methodist Episcopal Church Founder’s Day
• Black History
• Health Issues [Diabetes, Heart Disease, HIV/AIDS]
• Homelessness and Abuse
Click the button below to make a contribution.